Monday, September 26, 2011

An unofficial break

 Well, I am back.

I hadn't posted anything for nearly 2 weeks.

As with almost every other blog writer that 'lapses' on his or her duties, I will blame life, and it's infinite complexity.


What kept you so busy?

I have enrolled in a welding course, occurring on the weekends, and it is definitely a physically demanding task. I come back from the classes absolutely spent.

I have also started 'investing'!

I have put my money where my mouth is, and started buying quality dividend stocks. Between the 'stress' of a full-time job, and my welding course, and my investing on my off hours, I've been very tired. Add to that then I am starting to fit in some time at the gym, and still keep up with my writing group meetings (and actually contribute something)...

I am just exhausted all the time :P.


Why do you do so much work, Jack? You're wasting your life (and youth) away!

That's a very good point.

Should I really be doing all these activities?
Shouldn't I stop and smell the roses and all that?

Well, I like to think that I work hard early in my life, and try and fit in as much 'stuff' as possible, and then later in life, when money isn't as much of an issue, and I have more important things to worry about (like raising children), then I will start easing off on the 'stuff'.

We'll see how well all that goes. I'm thinking I'm wearing rose coloured glasses a bit there, instead of smelling roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment