Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In the beginning

I started this blog to share my journey through writing and financing my goal of being a full-time writer.

I realize that I will be working at this for a very long time. From what I have read on other blogs, most people agree that attaining full time financial independence (that it, not having to work a full-time job to afford living) is a life-long exercise in frugality, budgeting, and investing wisely.

Do I have what it takes?

I've always spent less then I've earned, watched my money (often with a tinge of grief as it merrily disappeared from my accounts), and invested in the best places I knew. Unfortunately, this often meant the local credit union's "High-interest" savings account, which, even during the heydays of pre-2008, wasn't higher then 3%!

Now, reading up on blogs such as: http://learndividends.com/, http://www.intelligentspeculator.net/, http://www.thesimpledollar.com/, I've learned that it is possible to put that money to much better use, often through investing directly into strong companies that pay dividends.

I feel as though with the tips, hints, and guides that these blogs and others put forth, I'm able to make a much more informed decisions on how to make more, save more, and invest more money.

My fictional writing with have to sit on the back-burner while I work hard to make the money that I'll require to make my dream of financial independence come true, but I won't stop writing, not here, or on my personal projects! Add that to the fact that I still want desperately to publish my novella 'Pale Dawn', which is the first part of the 'Loneman' trilogy. I can't wait to introduce Kesh, and the humble beginnings to her sultry, saucy, current self.

So, I'll be using this blog to chronicle my journey. I hope that you find it just as entertaining and useful as it is to me to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment